Assassin's Creed Rogue
From Before I Play
- The Mortar is your biggest source of damage in ship to ship combat. Upgrade it ASAP, particularly if you want to take on forts early.
- The plot missions will take you to like a dozen locations total. And most of them (with the exception of Albany, Anticosti and New York) you won't be entirely free to fully explore during the mission. The game really expects you check off side activities in places you don't have a particular reason to be in as you go. If you don't, you'll end the game with an overwhelming load of collections to go through.
- The game's loading tips really aren't kidding when they suggest that the Atlantic has "more danger, yet more profit". You can loot every supply camp in the River Valley (don't, its a waste of time that the game doesn't really track) and only get as many supplies as one warehouse raid / two proper battles in the Atlantic.
- Trying to replay missions from the main menu wastes a LOT of time, as you're always set right at the start of the memory segement, unable to skip the intro cutscenes. If full sync is important to you (and it's relatively easy to get in this game), die / quit the moment you fail a condition, which should reset you close to the goal.
- Assassins have a secret weakness - bullets. Seriously, don't try to melee the fuckers.
- You will need to get all of the tablet documents to unlock the last set of pistols. They cause a painting with a clue to their location to spawn, weirdly enough.