Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
From Before I Play
- Quick save after every successful kill (i.e you're sure that they won't find the body)
- The Sapper's bear trap placed on the Green Beret's noise generator is a perfect combination.
- Sometimes leaving a body is a good idea. A soldier will usually run over to investigate, and will stand there staring at the body for several seconds before sounding the alarm, giving you ample time to stab him.
- The Sniper has the least health. Be careful with him. Also, his rifle makes noise, probably as much as the pistol.
- It takes 3 pistol shots to kill a soldier, so try to have at least 3 Commandos grouped together fire at the same time to kill a soldier instantly.
- You can probably take out a patrol of no more than 3 men with pistols without dying if the sound doesn't give you away.
- Enemies notice when you use the bolt cutters to cut through a fence. They may not shout anything, but after staring at the hole for awhile they will sound the alarm.
- The Diver can take out two man patrols by backstabbing the rear soldier and using the "J" hotkey to quickly switch to the harpoon gun and kill the other one.
- In mission 4, after you hijack the tank, kill the guard across the train track bridge. Enemies will come to inspect his body, allowing you to mow them down as well. You can clear out a good portion of enemies that way.
- You will on rare occasions have room to blow up the enemy barracks and still have enough explosives to clear a mission.
- The Spy's lethal injection must always be applied from behind.
- The medkit is pretty much useless. 99% of the time, if you're being shot at, just reload. You're probably fucked anyway.