From Before I Play
Revision as of 14:59, 4 December 2018 by Ahobday (Created page with "== Upgrades == * Health Vials should be your dump option if you have no current goal in mind for unlocks. * Enemies can drop blueprints. You must complete the level in order...")
- Health Vials should be your dump option if you have no current goal in mind for unlocks.
- Enemies can drop blueprints. You must complete the level in order to receive them.
- Finishing blueprints will allow those weapons to start spawning in the world.
- Early game you should focus on unlocking blueprints before bothering with the Start with X suite.
- As you play you will notice areas you cannot access. These require you to have unlocked Runes and require multiple playthroughs.
- The Major Runes are located at Promenade of the Condemned, Toxic Sewers (part of the prisoner quest), Ossuary, and Slumbering Sanctuary.
- You can use your right thumb-stick to pan the camera around to avoid traps or spot enemies.
- Don't stress the speedrun doors until you've gotten good at navigating the maps.
- Play with the different weapons to get a playstyle that fits how you want to complete a run.
- Learn the timing on your dodges and its cooldown.
- Shield parrying only becomes stronger and a more viable option as you continue to unlock upgrades.
- Don't feel obligated to kill everything you see if you're overwhelmed.
- Ideally for bosses you will want to stack toxic, bleeding, and/or fire damage since there is a damage cap to how much burst you can inflict with your melee weapon.
- With the above in-mind, traps are very good at destroying bosses.
- Build your weapons around complimenting stats from other weapons. If you can set something on fire, roll for +damage to targets on fire & +oil streaks etc,.