Dead Rising 4
From Before I Play
- Finding survivors raises your shelter level, and as your shelter level goes up you can buy the ability to see blueprints, safe room keys, and lore collectibles on the map.
- Related, if you're standing right where the map SAYS a blueprint should be, look around for the little safe room icon, on the walls, doorways, etc. of the business/building you're in; it's probably in there, so you'll need to find the key. Or it's in a weird apartment you have to climb around the outside of the building to get to, and you're standing on the ground floor with no direct access from the business you're in. There's a few of those.
- Survival is the best skill tree; more inventory slots + more healing items are by far the best things you can ever get
- Stealth is, or was, insanely buggy and rides the line between useless and actual liability (as in, "oops instead of killing the guy, Frank locked up and just very slowly walked forward to get attacked a ton while being uncontrollable")
- Killing zombies and building up combos to very high counts can get you a ton of XP, very very quickly
- The value of a lot of throwing items (basically anything that doesn't insanely brutally super-murder a ton of guys at once) is in enabling you to get a huge boost to your hit count in one "shot" so that you can use a power move, throw an item, then have the hit count necessary to use a power move again
- They nerfed some of the heaing combination items, but it doesnt really matter since even uncombind food is super health restoring
- There is no time limit so you can faff about at leisure.
- The enter every location achievement is absolute madness, do not attempt.
- There are some blueprints that require you to have the exo suit and I think a special skill. If you find blueprints on your map that are outdoors where youre standing on the spot but theres nothing there thats what it probably is
- You get enough PP from running into locations to discover them that that's a good way to pick up some early, easy levels.