From Before I Play
- The game's not really about winning, but rather about losing less than everyone else. Launch all of your non-silo nukes as early as possible to soften up targets. Once they initiate retaliatory strikes, launch your silo nukes. Choosing your targets is incredibly important as well - remember that your score depends on civilian carnage alone. It's a good idea to have about ten nukes inbound towards a major population center, because at least a few of them will be shot down, and those that aren't are going to cause quite a few megadeaths.
- Watch this video teaching you how to play as Russia.
- And this one teaching you how to play as South America.
- Personally I play defense. Make your country as unappealing a target as possible. If the enemy doesn't know where your defenses are then they are more likely to either take blind shots at you which is a waste of their nukes, or they'll look for an easier target.
- Use your bombers before your silos, use them to nuke enemy silos, radar and airbases to dust so they can't stop any of your nukes when you do launch silos or aim at their cities. I guess I should point out this tactic takes a bit more skill then the general 'nuke other people' idea. You need to time it well or crush a guys defense. Timing it right as he's busy attacking someone else is the best possible outcome ever, all his forces are engaged and you drop and carrier fleet and subs worth of nukes on him while he's firing his silos.
- Remember: if you attack, do it in force. Don't send nukes in piecemeal because they will get shot down. And for the love of god, never surface subs with out protection nearby unless you have no other choice.