Dragon Quest 3
- Everyone should be female. Always. They have access to better personalities and exclusive gear.
- Sexy is, nine times out of ten, the single best personality in the game. And with the few characters it isn't (mostly just Warriors), Amazon usually is. Both are female-exclusive.
- Bring a Cleric and a Mage for your first game. Your last slot should be either a Fighter, a Warrior, or a Dealer. You'll need a Dealer later on, so if you don't want to have to grind someone up, go with a Dealer. It's not a terribly huge issue, though, so don't feel obligated.
- NEVER use a Jester in your starting party. They can turn into something much better in late-game, but don't use them until you feel you can reliably grind them up to level 20.
- You get the opportunity later on to change any character's class. This resets them to level 1, and halves their stats. If you're methodical enough to meticulously plan it out, it can result in some ridiculously powerful characters, but otherwise, you probably shouldn't bother.
- Going with fewer party members (or even solo) is a completely legitimate strategy, though somewhat more dangerous than having a full party.
- Don't be afraid to A) grind or B) use magic during normal fights. Inns are ridiculously cheap.