From Before I Play
- Don't spend all your time on the story mode. In fact, maybe attempt to beat it once on normal difficulty. The real fun of this game is in Grand Prix.
- Each ship handles differently: find one you like.
- The easiest ship setup is 'A' or 'B' for boost, 'D' for body, and 'B' for handling. Also, it's mid weight so like 1500-1700. (Also, you can adjust a ship's engine from acceleration-focused to max speed-focused, don't EVER go less than 75% in the direction of max speed EVER)
- If none of the character ships are to your liking, you can create your own, but this requires some playthroughs to get better parts.
- If your using the kind of ship setup I like, there is hardly any need to use the shoulder buttons while turning. You may need to press in the same direction a couple times, but the skid turn where you press "R" and Left or vice-versa is useless.
- There are 30 people on the track, you don't need first in each race. In fact, you don't need top 6 in each race. Learn to be offensive and take out your rivals and you can pretty much guarantee a win.
- Seriously, don't bother with story mode unless you're a masochist.
- Stats don't necessarily mean everything in this game. Just take your time to find the right vehicle, you could also tinker around a lot with custom parts in the shop. I managed to beat all GP's on Master difficulty with a C-A-D vehicle. Not all is lost if you can't beat story mode on hard to get the best parts.