Final Fantasy Dimensions
From Before I Play
- You do not get enough JP to level all your classes to the maximum just as part of the story, you realistically can only get about 4 max level jobs per character with some loose levels on top so dont spread levels around.
- Jobs tend to get a great capstone skill at 20, for ninjas its dual weild and for black mages its a flat 50% boost to magic damage. Therefore for the most part if you start a job plan to max it.
- Despite introducing tails and fangs very early you cant do anything with or about them until chapter 4, and theyre basically end game sidequest grinding at that.
- In every single section where you switch between the groups and are working towards unlocking a new job, there is a bonus dungeon with a summon at the end. These dungeons tend to be trickier than the final plot dungeon of that area but have commesurate rewards. You can go back to do them if you missed them but its better to just hold off on beating that section of the game until you beat them.
- The game only tells you what the condition for unlocking an F-ability is after youve unlocked it, making that completely useless. Add in that F-abilities are random triggers even if you have both abilities so its not a guarantee of learning them and have limited job points you have a system where youre probably best off looking up what they are.
- You dont need F-abilities to beat the game or most postgame content but some are absurdly good and not having them if you plan to fight the superbosses who guard more job points is not the best plan.
- When the two parties merge people not in your active roster may not be getting xp or ap but their healing magic works just fine so use that to power through dungeons.