Final Fantasy X-2
From Before I Play
- 100% requires you to do a lot of boring and tedious things and a lot of shit you have to guess even exists. Don't try to 100% the game your first time. If you visit hotspots you'll just blitz the storyline, and each location has stuff to do each chapter. Mostly.
- I'd say look up where the dresspheres are. You can miss a lot of neat abilities and gameplay functions simply by missing the tiny collectable on a tilted pathway. Like Dark Knight, which is sitting in a corner in a dungeon that's kinda hard to get to past the mandatory trip in chapter 2.
- Don't ignore the sphere break minigame, if only because the tournament in chapter 3 has the Lady Luck dressphere behind it, and Lady Luck is stupid good at getting you resources.
- Every area changes in each chapter, even if it's not a Hotspot you can find story and stuff there.
- Don't be afraid to change jobs. Hot-swapping is great if the healer runs out of mana or just if you want to change things up.
- There are a lot of missables, the game is intended to be replayed. If you're a completionist type, you're gonna want a guide. Dresspheres are the main ones to care about, missing a sphere grid is only going to be noticable by the most OCD.