Hitman: Codename 47
From Before I Play
- Your first order of business should be changing the keybinds as the defaults are questionable at best.
- There's no save game option so each individual mission needs to be finished in one go. You do get some extra lives, but dying and respawning will not undo the fact that you got discovered so recovery can be difficult or even impossible.
- While there is a generic "interact" button, right-clicking brings up a contextual menu which is sometimes necessary for things such as dragging a corpse rather than taking its clothes or choosing the floor on an elevator.
- Some disguises allow you to openly carry specific weapons without anyone paying attention. Be careful though, for example a Colombian soldier can carry an AK-47 but an M60 will get you spotted immediately.
- Make sure you're sneaking before going for a stealth kill in melee as otherwise your target is likely to immediately turn around and spot you.
- Switching disguises out of sight will cause enemies to lose track of you should your cover get blown, even if your new disguise is identical to the previous one.
- Always bring body armor to a mission when possible, just in case. Outside of civilians and policemen, there are no penalties for killing anyone and there are times where loudly gunning down people in a firefight is the only option.
- Due to a very useful bug, you can drag corpses at running speed. Simply grab the corpse and start strafing before pressing the run button.
- Shift-Escape immediately restarts the current mission.