Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light
From Before I Play
- Your power meter is also a score multiplier. When half full you score 2x for kills; when full, 3x. This doesn't affect points from picking up treasure.
- You can move boulders around very quickly with mines or grenades.
- You can drop mines while in mid-jump or while hanging from a grapple line; they'll fall straight down and stick to the first thing they touch.
- You can make the giant guys with shields a lot less tedious by using the rocket launcher; one shot will break their shield and then you can switch to your weapon of choice and ream them.
- You can't complete every challenge on a given level in a single run.
- Red skulls you pick up are remembered across plays, so you don't need to get all ten in a single run. The same goes for most other Find N Things challenges like "touch 3 spider tiles".
- You can skip most fights just by rolling through the enemies. This is vital to get most of the speed challenges.
- Ammo Regeneration is arguably the best Relic power.
- The Hand Magnums and the Automatic Pistols are two of the absolute best items in the game. As soon as you hit the level that unlocks them, you should play until you beat the challenges that gives them to you. If you're playing co-op, you should either play it so that one of you has the Magnums and the other has the Pistols, or just spend the time to make sure that you both get the Pistols.
- The other must-have item is one of the last to get unlocked. It's the Spear of Light, and it's fantastic because it will move through any enemies in its path, meaning you can often take out a whole line of monsters in one shot (as opposed to the other two spears which disappear after hitting a single enemy).
- As you progress through the game, you should focus primarily on unlocking weapons, and you should be prepared to replay certain areas just to get the weapon. The relics are less essential, as they're often rendered useless by relics you obtain later in the game, while many weapons will remain useful throughout. (The exceptions being weapons that have upgraded versions, like the shotgun. You don't need to worry about unlocking a weaker shotgun if you already have access to the Golden version.)
- When it comes to the challenges where you need to roll a ball to a specified location, it's much easier to complete with a partner, since if you die in the process, they can just grab the ball and keep going. The same applies to timed challenges.