Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
From Before I Play
- You can rest on the map screen up to 3 times between missions. This is your friend since it lets you heal your units stamina and health.
- Recruits are pretty terrible most of the time, but pay attention to the ones with disguises, they come in handy quite often.
- In one of the map there's a bunch of scientists. You're going to want to drag a ton of them back to the truck because they are the only way to get more Mk 22s.
- You can remap all the controls. You SHOULD remap all the controls. play around with them until they feel less horrible.
- Stamina killing bosses gets them in your party most of the time, and it's worth doing it, since they're actually GOOD most of the time.
- Whatever the skill is that lets you drag dudes faster is pretty essential, and it's worth trying to have someone with it on your team. The one that lets you send items straight back to base is an absolute must.
- Re-entering an area that isn't part of the plot won't hurt things, and if you do it with another team, it will let you heal up your main squad. It's also worth doing it for items/weapons now and then.