-Persona 3: FES is on the PS2, has 3D environments, and a grindy-y second campaign called The Answer.
-Persona 3 Portable is on the PSP, and has a female main character option and several balance changes, including being able to directly control your party.
-Play Persona 3 Portable if you can, but FES is still worth playing.
- Beginner is easy, Easy is normal, Normal is hard, Hard is for series veterans, Maniacs is for obsessives.
- Don't grind your old Personas up, fuse new ones.
- You're the only one who can change Personas, so keep yourself versatile.
- The equipment tax is high, so don't bother trying to keep everyone completely even.
- Akihiko, Yukari, and Junpei each have at least one required boss fight.
- Do Elizabeth/Theodore's requests, they're a good test on how you're doing, power-wise.
- Don't bother trying to do everything, don't use a guide, don't spoil yourself.
- Focus on non-party links during school, there's a lengthy vacation in the middle of the game.
- If you make plans, don't cancel them.
- Don't neglect any of your contacts.
- Carry a matching Persona when you do a social link. It doesn't have to be equipped, just one of your options.
- If you're dating multiple girls, be very careful, as they can catch you on dates with each other.
- Don't hug her.
- Exception on the 'no guide' tip, it's really easily to accidentally lock yourself out of Akihiko's romantic path.
- You have very little time with the Moon and Wheel of Fortune S-Links. Either drop everything for them, or accept you won't max them out.