- The game grades you on many things, such as the number of saves, continues, time, accuracy, and some other things. It is only for some different new game+ weapons.
- Playing on hard seemed to be a horrifying experience as I had no trouble on normal, yet those kids/enemies will spawn nonstop and the endless noise they make, made me erase all my saves. The difficulty isn't entirely like the normal games but at least you get many more enemies at once and ammo becomes scarce.
- Use up all your ammo before you fight the final boss for a time-delayed secret. Just fire everything you have and trigger the final battle.
Getting the best ending is kind of tricky without knowing how to do it before hand. It has nothing to do with your deaths or number of saves or something like that (however stuff like that does matter for Silent Hill 2), but rather there are just a few small, but very specific, sidequests you have to do. One determines whether you get the Good or Bad ending, while the other determines whether you get the Good/Bad or Good+/Bad+ (basically just an enhancement of the previous endings).
Without spoiling it completely, I'll give a few hints I suppose...since half the fun is figuring out the puzzle anyway.
Getting the Good ending:
- Go to Annie's Bar when you get the chance
- Try to figure out how to open the gas tank in the motorcycle you find in a certain location
- Try to figure out a way to pick up the liquid on the ground in the hospital
- You'll want to use it during a certain boss fight (not the last one)
Except for that final line, all of these things should be something you can do as soon as you discover them. In other words, don't just gloss them over and expect to have a chance to go back and do them later.