From Before I Play
- Don't play on Hardcore on your first playthrough.
- You just right-click on something to drop it while you're not in the Lifepod, and while in the Lifepod there's a storage locker.
- Catch Bladderfish for water, go to the Lifepod, use the fabricator, and it can use the fish to make water.
- Get some titanium and creepvine seeds to make a knife (make silicone rubber and then make a knife), use that on the coral tubes and find salt, it's typically near the Acid Shrooms but can be found elsewhere. Mix the salt and the coral samples to make bleach, use that to make more filtered water.
- Cooked food will eventually spoil and be bad to eat, uncooked fish won't.
- The First Aid module in the Lifepod will make first aid kits periodically and will beep when ready. Keep two on you just in case and store the rest in a locker.
- Once you're set to stop starving to death, check the recipes in the Fabricator. Your first objective is a Repair Tool to fix up the lifepod, then some basic mobility upgrades and a scanner tool. Builder tool lets you start making a base out of titanium.
- Cave Sulfur comes from the flowers/nests the exploding fish shoot out of.
- You can also build a radiation suit, but one can be found in one of the lifepods.
- You can build a battery recharger in your base, you'll need the Builder Tool and scanned blueprints for it.
- When you start getting vehicles, make sure to stock up on things you'll need. Food, water, medical supplies, batteries, etc.
- Start bringing a decoy as soon as you're able. Things get dangerous once you stray far enough from home.