Thea: The Awakening
From Before I Play
Revision as of 13:42, 18 September 2018 by Ahobday
- Don't have too many crafters. You'll always want your best crafter making you expensive stuff, and your gatherers will struggle to get them enough materials.
- Horos is a great god if you find night time annoying.
- There is a bulk button on the dismantle button. I wish I had noticed that long before I did.
- If you want to go right through to the end of the giants quest, attracting elves to your settlement as early as possible by building with elven wood will be very helpful indeed. (Because they do piercing damage with axes.)
- The larger your population gets, the less likely it is that your children will grow up. So if you've attracted lowlevel beasts to your settlement you might want to send them out alone to die. (If you are a hard hearted monster.)
- The more diverse your party's members, the more options you'll have in any quest, so don't keep all your weedy characters at home.
- The Herbalists hut does, in fact, gather herbs equal to the added healing per turn.
- Food with herbs cooked in count as herbs for most events requiring herbs.
- Food with the same name and icon but different ingredients (ie, jerky of meat/meat vs jerky of meat/bird meat) is a completely different item for all mechanics.
- Clicking on items in the after-combat screen lets you quickly dismantle them; since the weight of an item is usually the sum of its components (except for artifacts/jewelry and quality), and dismantling gives you back a random fraction of the materials, anything you know you aren't going to use should be dismantled immediately to save weight.
- Basic bone is heavy and nigh-useless, and should be the first thing discarded for weight
- Stuff discarded on the map stays on that tile forever (you can see the boxes left) assuming nothing spawns on top of it
- Some materials have hidden bonuses when used on jewelry as both materials. Try pure Topaz or Monster Bone.
- Materials are only visible on the map after you research the tier below them.
- The autoresolve is actually fairly decent. Don't be afraid to use it against easy encounters.
- Shielding is almost always better than armor, especially in the early game
- Warriors can wield two handed swords one handed. It’s very useful and as far as I remember the game doesn’t tell you.