UFC 2009 Undisputed
From Before I Play
- Play the demo (or exhibition) until you're comfortable getting to mount, getting out of mount, taking people down, stuffing takedowns, and getting a submission.
- Generally, you can't fight forever; watch your stamina and when you're in red, DEFEND. Otherwise you'll lose your defense and get hammered.
- To attend training camps, look for the weeks with a blue octagon, and then select action. It IS possible to skip this accidentally!
- Cover your shorts w/ small THQ logos for a free 350 cred/fight. Upgrade when you get something for 40 or more cred/spot.
- Build up your stats so that you aren't cannibalizing them. Once you get something about 75, STR takes off from Cardio and Speed, Cardio from Strength, Speed from Strength. Generally, you want to get your cardio and speed up - why have a heavy strike if you can't use it quick enough?
- Don't spar too heavily early on, and try to do it from 90-100% stamina; you get a bonus from starting with high stamina. Your job is to smash your sparring partner's face in.
- Specialize! You'll want to stop putting points into your primary attack (submissions, kicks, punches) when you get to 25 points to enhance; the rest will come when you get to level 4 with your training camp techniques.
- Take on the lowest rank person you can at a time, or you'll be facing Lesner in your sixth fight. Also, he's a wuss on the ground.
- You can only put 10 American flag tattoos on your body, so MAKE THEM COUNT.