Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
From Before I Play
- Do not look at any guides or walkthroughs at least the first time you play.
- As soon as it's available in the shop, get the dash skill for every character, even if you don't think you'll use them. Seriously, this is the most important skill in the game.
- Every sorcerer you get should at least know Heal, Normalize, Invoke Feather, and have their default attack spell be one that hits multiple times.
- Gang up on enemies, it's usually better to only attack once or twice a turn if it means all 4 characters attack at the same time.
- You get the best items at the end of every stage by getting at least double the minimum amount of sin. I wouldn't necessarily say you should reset if you don't get this, but remember it's the goal you're shooting for.
- The most important thing on weapons is getting a special attack, and 3 hits.
- You don't have to use every attack before breaking out the finishing blows. You can consistently use all four finishing blows in an attack (provided everyone has a 3 attack/special attack weapon) by stopping your attack as soon as the attack meter maxes out, using as many finishing blows as you can, then continuing your attack so you can use any remaining finishing blows.
- Once the sin meter maxes out against an enemy, there's no reason to use any more finishing blows, but regular attacks can still make experience crystals drop.
- Siege whenever possible.
- It's not a bad idea to conserve your money, but make sure you always have a decent stock of healing supplies. Using consumable items is mandatory to survive in this game.