From Before I Play
- Get the Xtended Mod. Seriously, it nearly doubles the scope of the game.
- Terran Ships are the most powerful in the game hands down, but actually getting them is a real bitch.
- Universe Traders should be your main source of economy. They can be forgotten about to an extent, which is really useful.
- The manual is full of errors and references to cut features. Ignore it.
- Use the number pad and Home/End/Insert keys to precisely place stations on the sector map.
- Stop off at a station every so often so you don't lose hours of progress.