Difference between revisions of "Betrayer"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "* Surround sound is an important part of the game. Headphones are recommended. * You'll need to use your "ear" (default: X) to help with the search for wraiths that are not m...")
Latest revision as of 09:34, 24 March 2020
- Surround sound is an important part of the game. Headphones are recommended.
- You'll need to use your "ear" (default: X) to help with the search for wraiths that are not marked on the map. Also talk to the red maiden once you've finished investigations before moving on to the next area.
- Giving gifts to the red maiden is pretty useless, outside of her being able to craft a special red maiden charm. But you can't do that until you are in the final area of the game.
- You'll find a trowel in the first fort which allows you to dig up items in small holes. The deeper holes require a shovel, and you won't find one until you have reached Fort Hope. Once you are there start by going to the Western Gate. From there follow the road to the East until it starts bending to the North, you can see the red glow in the South-East East direction. Once you have the shovel it is worthwhile to go back to the earlier areas and dig in places you couldn't before, you'll find the best weapons in the game that way.
- Thieves are special wraiths that will hang around certain areas in the dark world. They will run away once they see you and they are hard to kill in time, until you've got late game weapons and charms. You just get cash for defeating them. Once they've ran away they will not spawn again until you ring the bell twice to exit and enter the dark world again.
- One wraith that is easy to miss is the one that belongs to the person burned at the stake in Fort Saint George. The circle on the map for it tends to get blocked by the fort's fast travel point.
- The final area of the game doesn't have a bell you can use. You'll eventually need to go back to Fort Hope and talk to the red maiden and the wraiths there.