From Before I Play
- The TNT is your best friend in the game. The game is filled to the brim with robe-wearing enemies that can hit you perfectly across a level with a fast-firing Tommy Gun, but they usually die if they're anywhere near TNT blowing up. Primary fire makes it explode on impact, while secondary is like your average grenade. You can make your toss go further by holding down either fire key. Generally what you should be doing is quickly darting into an area to see if there are any of the robed guys are nearby. If they are, quickly toss a TNT bundle at them. If they're hitting you, get away from their line of sight so that they have to reposition, then quickly go back out and toss a TNT bundle at them.
- The Shotgun rocks against Zombies.
- The Flare Gun is a one-hit kill if it manages to get stuck on a robed guy and it has perfect accuracy. Also, it makes enemies go through a hilariously over-the-top (but awesome) death animation, which is worth it alone.
- Episode 2 introduces the Remote Detonated TNT bundles and Proximity TNT bundles. Use the Remote ones like regular TNT, or toss one into a room/corner you haven't checked out get to blow up any robed guys that may be hiding. Proximity sucks.
- The Voodoo Doll and Tesla Cannon can wreck bosses/strong enemies up with little difficulty.
- The Episode 1 boss is the hardest in the game, mostly because you don't have anything really powerful, like the Voodoo Doll. My best suggestion for that asshole is to hit him with the Flare Gun's alt fire, then hit him with everything else. It's usually enough to kill him.
- The "on-fire" death animation and gibs are incredible. Try to trigger them as much as possible because they make the game really satisfying to play, even though it's filled with bullshit design decisions like the robed guys.