From Before I Play
- For some insane reason, you cannot reload guns. This means if you find a shotgun with 3 shells in it and yours only has 1 shell remaining you do not have 4 shells. You have either one or 3 shells. As such, always trade up ammunition.
- Taser + Anything is the game. Difficulty comes in when multiple enemies attack you, but even then the Taser can bail you out.
- The hardest parts of the game don't let you use the Taser, so learn to fight without it. Using the Taser as a worst case scenario option is more interesting anyway.
- The last level (inside the house) is amazing and probably the best horror level in a game ever. Up until something blocks your access to the upstairs part of the house. When that happens you'll just have to wait till the game deigns to spawn you a fire-axe.
- No the plot makes no sense, ignore it.
- Collecting the hidden birds and televisions and whatever else the game has you collect literally does nothing other than say "great job on collecting these!" Think of it as a precursor to the achievement world order of more recent games.
- At almost every moment of the game after the initial building, someone is always sneaking up behind you if you see someone moving in front of you. And usually the person behind you is closer, so I found that just turning around the moment I saw someone in front of me was a reasonably effective tactic.