- Don't worry about saving up your consumables. Most items will respawn after a while, so you can always revisit an area and clean it out again. (This includes collecting
- Some consumables cannot be picked up, until you have unlocked the recipe that requires it.
- When searching gas stations, remember where the red gas cans are found. They will always respawn in the same spot.
- Before you start up a generator at a NERO site, check around for red-wired speakers on buildings, and towers. Disable these before you fire up the genny, or else the noise will attract Freakers.
- When exploring, if you hear spooky music start, you're probably getting close to a Horde. Be careful you don't stumble into them unprepared.
- Skills that increase the range and duration of your Survival Vision, combined with the skill that outlines enemies, makes finding and stealth killing enemies much easier.
- Different types of enemies will attack each other. Use Distractor devices to lure groups of Freakers into enemy camps, and do your dirty work for you.
- The Skill that allows you to reload while sprinting is very helpful for fighting Hordes. Run and Gun strategies are pretty much the only way to not get overwhelmed.
- Engine and Nitrous upgrades are needed in order to clear large jumps and reach some map locations.