Difference between revisions of "Disco Elysium"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "* Succeeding in checks isn't always good. Failing checks isn't always bad. Your skills don't necessarily have your best interests in mind. * Don't obsess too much over your b...")
Revision as of 09:34, 17 October 2019
- Succeeding in checks isn't always good. Failing checks isn't always bad. Your skills don't necessarily have your best interests in mind.
- Don't obsess too much over your build. First of all, failing skill checks can be more rewarding than passing them.
Second of all, you can get a lot of situational bonuses to your skills for things you do in gameplay. Your build goes a long way but there’s always a way to reach your goal, regardless of your stats.
- Psyche and Phys are the less-safe stats to set to 1 because they give you your health bars; you heal when you sleep (in a bed) and also from some events, but that doesn't matter if you have 1 health out of a maximum of 1 and are thus entirely reliant on healing items auto-rescuing you from death. (You can improve your health directly with skill points though)
- Soft locks and crashes happen. They'll probably still be a thing even after the game is patched. Save manually every so often (or even obsessively) so you don't have retrace your progress.
- If you don't use your partner's police car to call the HQ (or figure out exactly which items you're missing in a different way, but this is the easiest), you'll get hit with 3(!) morale damage in the containers area.