From Before I Play
- Pick up a Battle Rifle, and keep the crosshairs on the enemy's head at all times.
- If your opponent has a Battle Rifle and has the crosshairs on your head at all times, NEVER NEVER NEVER run in a straight line towards them. Strafing is the only way you'll survive.
- If you're planning on playing online, start with bigger games and work your way to smaller ones. In a bigger game you'll find more people who haven't noticed you and can work on getting the jump on people, and there won't be as many people focused on killing you when you first start.
- The sniper rifle and shotgun make you the ultimate anti-personnel bad ass in multiplier.
- The AR is pretty good.
- The SMG is useless unless you dual-wield with a Plasma Rifle.
- If you haven't played through on Heroic or Normal before then, uh, keep your eyes open for Jackal snipers. You can get one-shotted by those beam rifles. Also, on the second level, try to save a Needler for the room full of brutes and the hammer-wielding chieftain. Needler owns brutes. Also fully charged plasma pistols to instantly take down any enemies' shields and a Battle Rifle or similar weapon to score a headshot.