Horizon Zero Dawn
From Before I Play
- Do the hunting lodge quests, they are a pile of XP.
- Always keep at least one of every item to trade for gear
- Make sure you clear the sidequests in the first area, one give you an upgrade to your spear that you can't get any other way.
- Drawing back a shot is for accuracy, not damage. Feel free to shoot wildly if you are close enough.
- While you always want the highest tier equipment you can get your hands on, the game does expect you to have a large variety of types of equipment and change out as the situation demands.
- Always kill and harvest normal wildlife you come across, a few of the higher tier weapons and all the mid to high tier carry capacity upgrades require animal bones and skins. Their drop rate isn't too great.
- Also you can craft meat into health potions.
- Harvest arrows are incredibly useful for ammo crafting resources; for example if you were to shoot off a blaze canister with a harvest arrow you'd get 6 blaze from it instead of 1.
- All the collectibles have more details if you look at them in the notebook after you've picked them up.
- You don't have to be hidden in the tall grass to make use of silent strike. You can use it in the open as long as the enemy is unaware of you.
- The DLC area is late to post-game content. The enemies there are on the tougher side, plus the new weapons you can get from there will trivialize the rest of the game if you get them too early.