Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
From Before I Play
- I suggest doing Olympus Coliseum and Hundred Acre Wood as soon as they become available. HAW is free treasure, and beating Olympus gives you access to a ridiculous summon card. Speaking of HAW, make sure you explore off the beaten path.
- Don't be afraid to use sleights as well as premium cards. In fact, a good way to set up your deck is to have premium cards be the top card in a sleight (which would have been discarded anyway)
- Each world has a treasure room that always appears in the same spot (marked on each world's map). Make sure you backtrack to them when you get Treasure Room cards as most have good stuff (find out which worlds have Elixir and Megalixir as treasure and get those)
- Not sure if the PS2 version makes it clearer, but you can press Attack during the Sonic Dash sleight to turn around and chain hits. Sonic Dash is a really good sleight in general.
- I suggest putting a couple 0-cards at the bottom of your deck. If you press both shoulder buttons you'll jump to the Refill/Concentrate slot and your 0-cards will be right there to bail you out of a enemy sleight.
- I never really used the buff cards you get from bosses, they were way too pricey for me to include in any deck. The only really useful one is the Auto-Revive you get 3/4 of the way through the game.
- After you beat a certain boss for the fourth time, you're given control of Sora again. Run back and save right now, because if you take two steps forward from where you are the game throws you into another tough boss, and you will NOT want to repeat the boss you just beat if you lose.
- Power through the main story so you can play Reverse/Rebirth, which IMO was way more fun. Much less micromanagement and all boss cards you unlock are automatically in your deck Plus it has some cool story bits if you're insane and actually pay attention to the plot in this series.
- If you're really having trouble with a boss, and they use sleights, a decent way to defeat them is to make a deck of Kingdom Keys. Alternate 0s with 9s or the ingredients for your own favorite sleight, chuck in a few Hi-Potions, run away, and keep breaking their sleights and items with your 0 cards. After a few reloads, they'll have lost half their deck and all their items to get their cards back, at which point you can beat their heads in with impunity.