Metroid: Other M
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The game is basically completely linear with no real path deviations, so don't worry about missing anything. Even if you do, there is a post game where you can collect all the stuff you missed and has an extra bossfight as a reward for getting everything that has no plot, its just for fun.
- If you get told "let yourself get cooked alive running through lava" no, there isn't a secret way to get anti-lava powers first. What the game tells you to do it expects you to do, no matter how stupid.
- The dodge in combat is absurdly broken, there is no penalty for using it constantly and trivializing all encounters.
- Remember how to use power bombs, as they will be the only move in the game where you are allowed to break authorization to use them. This moment occurs at the veeeeery end of the game so also don't think you're missing something earlier. I'm mentioning this only because a lot of people had their wills broken by the game and didn't realize here at the end you were supposed to do the smart thing it had denied you all game.
- Regarding Super Missiles: instead of aiming and holding A it's better to start charging the beam in 3rd person view and *then* switch to aiming, lock on with B, then immediately release the beam button, firing an already pre-charged S-Missile. This will save your ass when dealing with harder enemies and bosses.