From Before I Play
- You can only hold one item of each type at once, so there's no point making tons of health pills.
- Learn to triangulate, and do it to every head statue you can see (and even the ones you can't. Going pixel hunting for heads helps you map).
- At the very beginning you head north-ish, and the path splits in two (going east and west). Going east will explore the smaller area, going west is the rest of the game.
- When you take damage your illness gets worse. There's no actual health system. This means when you're cured you are invincible.
- Never, never, FUCKING NEVER, be out in the woods at night. You will get lost, fall off a cliff and die.
- As long as you look for notes in the research stations you find, keep exploring new areas, and keep a mental checklist of what plant looks new, you won't ever get stuck not knowing what to do.
- If you have the notes (so you have an idea what to look for), try to prioritize getting the 'emphasis' medicines, as they give you huge, permanent buffs.
- The beast isn't really that dangerous in the day.
- There is a fan patch that fixes the achievements on the steam forums, as many of them are broken.