Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Trying to get good magic coverage is especially important, so playing a class spread like Knight/Knight/Rogue/Rogue is highly challenging to outright crippling. Based on what you select during a major mid-game story split, your characters will be able to perform class-evolution quests that will provide new abilities and increase their maximum mastery rank for their most important skills, so look up what each one gets first before committing to a lineup.
- Trying to get a good coverage in elemental skills and Light/Dark magic is particularly important. You absolutely want Grandmaster Water Magic on at least one character for the absolutely essential Lloyd's Beacon and Grandmaster Town Portal spells, for example. If you do not have these available to you, the lategame will quickly become something that is somewhere between frustrating to painful to handle.
- You should also get the movement spells from the Air magic school: Fly, Jump, and Invisibility.
- I would recommend looking at a wiki like this one and checking what the various magic schools have to offer and what character classes would be able to cover for each other's weaknesses there. You can get away with nearly everything else, but a bad skill spread and lack of the essentials can shut down an entire run once the difficulty starts to increase.
- I highly suggest applying Greyface's patch to MM7, it fixes a lot of bugs and adds quality of life features: https://grayface.github.io/mm/