From Before I Play
- Don't get rid of any weapons or armor with any useful skills on them, since you'll be over to shove them over onto better guns.
- Get your rate of fire as low as possible on a gun. The Uzi, with a large fire rate, will do the same amount of damage with ROF1 as with the standard ROF, assuming all the bullets hit. Add Action x2 or x3 on the gun as well, since it will double the amount of damage you can do.
- Switching armor in the middle of battle resets your PE refresh rate. This comes in handy for really long boss fights.
- Keep the item "junk". It'll bloat your inventory and it's super annoying to carry around but if you give 300 to Wayne he'll create a customized weapon that will be one of the better items during the main game.
- I recommend not keeping armor that auto heals you or else your healing items will be sucked up like water to a sponge. Detox/medic, haste, slow, barrier, and preraise will become your main repertoire of spells. Ignore energy bullet, confuse, and gene heal. Attack spells are a waste of PE because you lose a turn using them, they usually don't do nearly as much damage as just shooting the enemy, and healing abilities will save you on bloating your inventory with healing items.
- However, at the end of the New Game +, your PE Shot or whatever can do a ton more damage than a bullet.