Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Every faction has some unique parts, so it can pay to look them up and restart with one you like once you unlock it.
- Enemy spawn strength (especially for agents) is AFAIK tied to how much you've spent on unlocks, so don't neglect upgrading your maximum point value.
- Upscaled parts are dramatically more effective than stacked bunches of smaller parts. (IE, a 3x3 hull block has approx 2.5x the HP of an equally sized bunch if small blocks)
- The basic homing missile launcher has effectively infinite range as long as you can hold a lock, and will be useful the whole game, just in greater numbers.
- Seriously, missile spam is kinda OP at any point value, since point defense chews through energy in any decent quantity.
- Let the AI deal with conquering regions, it's really tedious to do yourself even with a max value ship.
- Just put a factory on your flagship once you have a decent size and poop out a station (a ship with a factory but no engines) every so often.
- The yellow faction's gimmick will lag out of all but the most monstrous computers, so try to avoid entering their space or else just turn your settings to minimum inside it.
- Agent fleets are assholes, build or bribe some beefy ally ships into your fleet before you take them on.
- The more expensive the ship, the harder it becomes to make an agile/shield ship effective, and conversely, the more effective giant masses of hull, engines, and guns/lasers/missiles become.