Remnant: From the Ashes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Pick whichever starting class you want, you can buy the others' stuff later.
- If you can't decide, the cultist gets a healing mod that can give you a big increase in longevity, both solo and in groups.
- You can reload while dodging or sprinting as long as the reload animation starts before you do it.
- Enemy scaling is based on your most-upgraded weapon/armor, but loot scaling is based on your average, so try to keep your upgrading mostly even.
- Breakables don't respawn, so it can pay to wait on looting them until an area is clear and you can safely switch to the Wanderer set.
- Don't stress about scrap too much, though, since enemies do respawn, and you can just go through old areas again when your pockets get a little too light.
- The starting repeater pistol is really good and I found it to be the best sidearm to stick with.
- There are a few items you can find randomly on Earth that will unlock gear at the base. I think these have a higher spawn chance in dungeons. These are the strange coin, which unlocks the magnum (give it to the crafting materials merchant) and the tarnished ring (give it to the consumables merchant).
- Fighting the Undying King is possible, but difficult to do when you meet him. If you manage to kill him, you'll get an excellent long gun with a mod that really helps survivability. Also, you can kill him later on after you did what he asked you to do, but before you give him what he wants. I did it this way and found it easier since I had upgraded gear.
- By the end of the game on normal difficulty, the only resource you'll probably be bottlenecked by is Lumenite crystals, so save those for boss items you really want to upgrade.
- Several of the bosses will drop different items if you defeat them in a special way, i.e. the dragon will drop a melee weapon if you damage his tail enough to sever it before killing him, otherwise he drops a gun.
- Although the level design can get kind of boring due to its procgen nature, it's worth exploring each world carefully enough to find a Simulacrum, as these can be used to add charges to your dragon heart healing item. Iirc there is only one per world, including earth.