Serpent in the Staglands
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Early game is rough, be prepared, and recruit all the NPCs companions you can asap in order to get over the first few levels hump.
- Don't hesitate to reload if someone dies, you won't find a resurrect scroll.
- Don't hesitate to replace early companions with better ones that you'll encounter later.
- Mobs are spawned in small groups, but can be aggroed individually. However, if a group isn't fully dead and you save, then *the entire group* will be spawned back when you reload the save. So save scumming works, but only if you got the entire group. Saving after killing one mob generally doesn't work, effectively making things tougher for you.
- Read the manual provided with the game.
- Even better, read the "written-as-lore" Erlein's handbook which the devs provide on their website. It contains plenty of information giving you a few pointers about the world, monsters and magic. Amongst other things, it contains Incantations that you'll want to use all the time, such as the one which refills an entire stack of arrows.