The Bard's Tale
From Before I Play
- Charisma is the least useful attribute. It gives you cheaper stuff but after the early game money shouldn't be an issue.
- Max value for each attribute is 20, but there's +3 token for each of them so you shouldn't put more than 17 to any of them. Max character level is 21.
- There's a dog companion you can get in the first town (I missed it).
- You'll miss some bonus tokens and stuff, but the game isn't very difficult (on normal at least) even without them and you should be able to find most of the important loot without trouble.
- The last shop is in Stromness and you won't need money after that. The point of no return comes soon after.
- Weild a bow and never stop weilding a bow. Every other weapon is a trap designed to make you stop weilding a bow for some reason.
- You will end up with tons and tons of summoning crystals by end game, but their only real value is princess 1 which instantly heals you and all summons to full as well as restoring MP.
- Money is basically meaningless and you will be rolling around in it by mid game.
- Get the dog. Get the feat so the dog can attack. There is a point later where you'll feel like the dog is gone forever but a dungeon soon following it will give you the dog back.
- You will have tons of useless feats by the end, but you want to upgrade your dog then the bow. After that click on whatever bit of text sounds most interesting.
- You can get all three endings because the game makes a save right before the end game.
- Randomly after cutscenes the game de-equips you of your weapons, typically also then immediately dropping you into a fight. You'll have to go back and re-equip your bow because your fists are weaker than glass and slower than dances with wolves.
- Level Vitality first, then dexterity, then rhythm, then who cares at all, really.