Ultima VIII: Pagan
From Before I Play
- You can grind stats, basically go hit something to gain strength (not sure if it has to be a monster or if you can just attack empty air), jump to gain dex
- basic keyboard controls (running, combat mode) are mandatory; forgot the exact keys but holy shit don't play this game mouse-only
- the keyring is one of the best items in the game, it's in one of the Tenebrae guardhouses IIRC
- grab Devon's bedroll at the beginning
- remember to activate the teleport pad, once you get the option to teleport around you'll probably want to return that way and not take the longer route
- like in U7, pixel hunting/moving random items is a good way to find secret/hidden items/keys/levers.
- inventory management is key, store different common types of items in separate sacks.
- I assume you have the manual with reagents/recipes for particular spells? (if not, download one) Print it out.
- remember your freedom of movement, sometimes you can get into a house through a roof/terrace when main doors are locked