From Before I Play
- Don't be afraid to throw down flares, at least on Normal the game gives you plenty of them. Flashbangs are worth using when you're in a pinch, and flares are good against bird flocks.
- Take your time and explore, some stuff is quite off the beaten path.
- Look out for splashes of what looks like glowing yellow paint with your flashlight, it means there's a supply box nearby.
- You can tap the flashlight button to conserve battery, though you should keep it pressed against bosses.
- A lot of big empty forest sections have infinitely respawning enemies that will keep bugging you until you cross the forest and get to a light source. Sprint ahead of the bad guys and drop a flare behind you to keep them back until you hit the light.