Assassin's Creed Syndicate
From Before I Play
- Usual advice of synchronizing with viewpoints ASAP.
- Ignore side missions until you get the zipline, it's pretty useful, you can get it early, and makes moving around much more enjoyable. You need it to grab some collectibles as well..
- Enemies have levels. Try to keep your skills and equipment more or less up to date and do the lower level neighbours first, otherwise the enemies become massive slabs of HP.
- You can make good money quickly by hijacking carts that spawn near your delivery point. It'll take a bit to unlock, though. I think you have to do a mission for the lady dressed as a gentleman to unlock the activity first.
- Stealth skills make a difference, same with skills that cause more damage to enemies. Tool skills are less useful unless you're going for style points.
- The skill that prevents enemies from aggroing and the one that lets you loot people you assassinate automatically are huge QoL improvements.
- Getting X number of kills in a particular way will give you a permanent perk. You can check what the requirements are somewhere in your progress menu.
- Missing Noisemaker bombs from older games? Throw a knife at a wall or the ground. The sound of it hitting will draw Blighters just fine.
- If you want an easy way to get at Bounty Hunt targets, make them panic from a distance. Send in Rooks to beat up their nearby buddies, or make some noise. They'll book it for a cart to try and make a getaway, giving you a much easier time for a discrete tackle and kidnapping.
- The detection radius while you have a Kidnapped hostage depends on your walking speed. Don't just walk at a brisk pace, walk as slow as you can and the radius will drop to just shy of your PC and the hostage.
- Smokebombs aren't just for getaways. Anything you do inside the smoke is invisible, so get creative if you need to run past a few guards or grab a chest or something.
- Max out your throwing knives. Headshots always kill even the Level 10 guys, and just throwing them about makes any fight easier.
- Baron Jordan's Finery gives Jacob a much-needed inventory boost, and the Sea Silk necessary for it is in the Locked Crate on a boat in the Thames. It's right beside the Fight Club onboard a boat.
- Play as Evie in the Fight Club if you want to see some obscenely brutal finishers that would make Wei Shen back away in horror.
- Before you do the Dreadful Crimes, go to the Ubisoft Club and get the Huntsman Outfit for Jacob for free. When you see it, you'll understand why It's Sherlock Holmes' outfit. The buff effect for it expands the Eagle Sight radius by 20%, which is exceedingly useful for spotting clues to boot.