From Before I Play
- Much like Fallen London, the confusion and obsfuctation is a feature, so don't spoil yourself; Cultist Simulator is secretly a narrative-heavy puzzle game. All tips on this page are related to UI or very basic strategy.
- Go slow. It's a marathon, not a race.
- Grab a card to see where it can be put. Click on an empty card space in a window to highlight what cards can go in that slot.
- A candle below a card window means the card will be consumed.
- You can do a surprisingly large amount of things while paused, if you have too many things happening at once.
- Always play the whole game out, even if you're doomed. There's metaprogression.
- If you get caught up enough in what else you're doing that you forget to go to your job, you will probably lose it.
- Health is important. Most negative qualities go away over time. Hunger and Afflictions instead permanently turn into Decrepitude, which cannot be removed. Ever.
- If you're the kind of person who easily forgets things (such as what you can get from dreaming about Passion, for example), it might pay to pause and take notes.