From Before I Play
- Take notes. There's a glyph language for letters, numbers, and inputs and you'll want to puzzle out all three to get the most out of the game.
- You can't solve every puzzle until New Game+.
- In NG+ you also gain the ability to fly even though the game never mentions this. It makes backtracking slightly more tolerable although not really.
- When you unlock a new cube room you'll want to go there first - the areas behind are small and tend to have important information in them.
- Generally just explore everywhere you can, the game's huge and has a fantastic amount of interesting areas to discover.
- Like everything else, the symbols of the game's world are square-shaped. Not all of them are part of the same system. You can probably figure it out by watching what kind of symbols show up in the game's dialogue and which don't. Applying them becomes self-explanatory once you decipher them.
- When you find yourself in the forest, watch for creatures and what they're doing. Think about if there's something familiar about the situation, then look around.
- Artifacts go in your inventory as soon as you find them, which can take some effort. Two of them can help you figure out the symbols.
- The artifacts need to be found and they are the rewards for some fairly tricky puzzles. Other than giving you some starting clues on how their associated concept works, they are entirely useless.
- There are QR codes and they're keys to puzzles, but every QR code puzzle has an alternate solution. If you don't have a way to read them, no biggie.
- Unless you absolutely have to 100% practice your cryptographic skills I would just look up how the writing system works and translations of the puzzle clues. Most of the games humor and writing is hidden behind them.