Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
From Before I Play
- Print out the birthdays for the villagers and their favorite gifts. You can find out this information ingame but it's only through events or dialogue.
- Don't just toss items on the ground. This counts as garbage. Make sure you put weeds and such into the bin.
- Your first year is going to suck when it comes to festivals.
- Upgrade your ax, watering can, and hammer.
- Don't leave animals outside in the rain. Don't leave your puppy outside until he's grown.
- If I recall, your crops can be watered twice a day.
- Try to ship 100 of each crop for each season - this unlocks special crops.
- Get a basket ASAP.
- Take the basket with you when mining in the mining cave so you can cram lots of valuable ores in to sell; this is the best/only way to make any meaningful cash in winter.
- Chop lumber like a motherfucker; you'll need it for house upgrades; can't get married without house upgrades.
- Buy all the cooking utensils for sale on TV.
- Do not get exhausted while mining and lose your basket. Seriously stop at the point you literally fall over from exhaustion, but before you fall over and can't get back up.