Men of War: Assault Squad
From Before I Play
- ORDER MORE INFANTRY
- Best positioned tank wins.
- Use APCR shots if you have a small caliber gun versus heavy armor. Get close first!
- Use direct control against AT guns, and start by damaging it with AP rounds. Then either steal it, drive over it to destroy it, or use HE shells until it's blown into bits, or turns rusty.
- Make sandbag walls with your infantry if they are going to stay somewhere for a while, unless there is something else to hide behind.
- Remember to resupply your squads with MG ammo. Grab it from the destroyed enemy tanks/vehicles. They usually have 2000+ MG ammo in them.
- If you play against the germans, grab their MG42 and throw away the crap your MG guy is using.
- Try to flank the positions and steal their AT guns. Especially the german 88's.
- Combined arms. Never drive ahead with a tank alone, nor infantry alone, though latter might be ok.
- Order more infantry if you are close to 2000 points. You don't pay upkeep, and you can't have to many.
- Establish layered defence, don't have all your troops on the frontline. Keep some in the back.