From Before I Play
- Unlock guard breakers being added to the end of your combos ASAP.
- Carry food with you always everywhere. Real fighting involves chowing down dozens of sushi dinners while the boss is doing his trademark bullshit.
- Your daughters happiness is irrelevant and gives you nothing expect knowing she loves you more or something.
- NG+ turns off random battles and lets you finish any sidequests you might have missed. I can't recommend that enough.
- There are missable substories: at one point in the game, someone will become permanently unavailable, and all substories related to that person will be unavailable, I don't think they're available in either or the NG+ modes either, so if you're a completionist, I'd recommend looking up what to do for them.