Assault Android Cactus
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The game actively wants you to be aggressive, the only way to lose is failing to pick up batteries in time or killing enemies too slowly for the batteries to drop. You have infinite health and, while losing weapon upgrades from getting knocked down is really bad, it's still pretty recoverable as long as you killed a clump of enemies in the process and pick up a power-up or upgrade orbs afterward. You can also tank a couple smaller bullet hits before getting knocked down and those will heal up after a few seconds.
- The speed/stun/orb temporary power ups don't disappear and will slowly rotate through the different types, so you can leave them for later if they aren't immediately useful.
- Swapping to/from the secondary weapon does a split second dodge that'll let you pass through bullets and lasers without getting hit which is extremely useful in a few spots. You do need to have at least a little secondary weapon energy banked to swap to it.
- Don't forget you can swap androids between levels. It's pretty easy to just cruise through the swarm levels as a single character, but some boss phases can be extremely rough with the wrong weapon type.
- The first boss on campaign+ is especially tough even when compared to the later bosses, but you can skip past him on the stage select screen if you want. I suspect this works in the regular campaign too if you get stuck, but I never tried it.