From Before I Play
- If your short term memory is bad like mine then it would behoove you to keep some paper and a pencil around. The game has lots of little puzzles and things that require pattern recognition. Also, write down what Gruntilda's sister says. Always.
- If you get stuck and can't go forward, go backward! The BK series likes to build on itself by giving you new abilities late in the game that you need to unlock secrets in the early levels. Backtracking is especially useful for collecting Jinjos.
- Explore everything. Every nook and cranny. Sometimes it's important just to make the game go forward.
- Mumbo-Jumbo tokens only need to be used once per level. After you pay Mumbo for a transformation, you can switch back and forth for free in that level.
- Mumbo's magic persists within a short proximity outside each level in the overworld.