Breath of Fire
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Shops throughout the game can vary in prices, even among other shops in the same town. For example, the item shop in the first town sells their wares at a 10% discount from normal prices, while the equipment shop has standard prices. The same also applies to items you sell back-- the discount shops will give you less money for items you sell to them.
- The first item shop sells Mrbl3's, an item that temporarily disables random encounters. They're extremely cheap, but they don't last very long unfortunately.
- There are some items and equipment that can be used from the item menu in battle to invoke a spell effect without consuming the item. The first one of these you'll get after beating the second boss is the E Key, which will deal a guaranteed 30 damage to all enemies when used in battle. This is easily the best source of damage for that point in the game, and will serve you well for the next few dungeons and bosses.
- Almost all bosses in the game have a "second wind" phase that occurs after you empty their health bar. You'll see a message like "[Boss] grinned fearlessly" and they'll have a predetermined invisible amount of HP remaining-- occasionally even more than their initial health bar. Certain bosses like to spam their more dangerous attacks during this phase.
- If you die, you will be sent back to the last save point you used with full HP/AP and all of your current stats and equipment, but you'll lose 1/4 of the gold you were holding.
- Some equipment has hidden effects that the game won't tell you. For example, in a relatively early dungeon you'll find a helmet called the WolfHT. It seems pretty innocuous when you examine its stats, however, you'll receive 2x damage while wearing it.
- If you cast a healing spell in battle, it will automatically occur at the start of the turn, regardless of that that character's ACT stat/turn order. This does not apply to healing items