Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This game's combat is designed around ranged attacks. Especially in the early games even melee-specced characters will not live long enough to get up close to do attacks. Make good use of your talents (v menu pauses combat) to throw weapons. Cinderblocks and thrown explosives are also effective ranged weapons. Expect to have to use a gun at times, even if you don't put any skill points into Pistols or Rifles.
- Try to put points into Willpower whenever you can-every skill's highest active talents require high Meta to use. You won't be able to add them until you have the minimum Willpower.
- Make an early priority of Charisma, in particluar getting the Detect Motive and Negotiation talents. They open up dialogue options and will pay for themselves in terms of point spent.
- Try not to jump everywhere. It consumers Meta, and the collision detection can glitch leaving you stuck inside a floor or wall with no choice but to reload.
- Save often. Running back to a bed after every kill may be cumbersome, but it's better than having to repeat a long combat sequence you barely survived the first time around.