Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Play with a d-pad or keyboard keys, if at all possible. You'll be unnecessarily hamstringing yourself if you try to play with an analog stick.
- Don't ragequit, take a break! The game has a quicksave function for a reason. Use it freely.
- Once you beat a level once, you can go back between the sections and see exactly which strawberries you got or missed. All they affect is a small bit of the ending.
- There are higher-difficulty techniques you may have heard about from speedruns. Hyperdashing, spike jumping, etc. Don't worry, the game will teach you those when you need them.
- Save these for if you start really wanting to dig into the game, or after you've beaten the main game and want more.
- Feel free to walk away at any time. Don't keep trying just for some arbitrary milestone of completion.
- Along with the strawberries, each level also has a hidden tape that lets you get to a harder version of that level, the B-Side. Beating a B-Side gets you a Crystal Heart, which you will need collect four of if you want to play theWorld 8 A-Side.
- A-Sides also each contain a Crystal Heart, all of which you will need as well if you want to unlock theWorld 7 B-Side. These ones are hidden in much more obscure places, however, most of which will require some serious puzzling, observation, and a bit of "huh, I wonder if that would work." (Or you can look it up, I guess.)
- Once you've completed all of that, congratulations, you've earned the right to challenge... the C-Sides. This is where all those speed running skills you got told not to worry about before become relevance. Good luck.