From Before I Play
- Try each weapon but pick one to focus on. This is recommended because the Mastery system unlocks rewards for specialization, such as alternate attacks that can stagger behemoths. If you try to level all weapons equally, you won't progress as quickly and will likely burn out. You can always go back later with your +10 Warpike and tear apart those same behemoths to create some Chain blades.
- Not all weapons are equal. For example, hammers can't cut off tails. So it's good to have an alternate weapon, or a friend with an alternate weapon.
- Guns (Ostian repeaters) are a good back-up weapon, especially for monsters you don't enjoy fighting up close. They still require you to get up close to maximize their damage, but you can keep the pressure up at a medium distance.
- Every day there are ten collectible "Deathmarks" in town that will each give you 5 points towards your Hunt pass (seasonal rewards). Hunts in the early game give you 6 to 12 points, while Deathmarks give you 50 points in less time than it takes to do a single hunt.
- Pay attention to the weekly goals, which give 150 points towards the Hunt pass. They often have weapon specific requirements, so you may want to keep one of each weapon with the Neutral element to account for these.
- Also every day are bonus Patrol rewards, which are shown by a treasure chest icon. Each patrol gives 10 elemental orbs (Used for upgrading gear after you've created it), and the bonus awards an extra 10.