Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Obvious for anyone who’s played a game in the last decade or so, but make sure you patch the game right away. The frame rate was insanely bad at launch, and there were even more bugs. Game is still extremely janky but much more playable post-patches.
- Unfortunately, unlike the first game the side quests are much less interesting and have mediocre rewards. Several are still bugged as well. Most will just give you crafting items and consumables, and the game isn’t hard enough to warrant engaging with the upgrade system that deeply. Danny and Galena’s quests are fairly painless and provide a small bit of story so those are worth doing.
- Thankfully fast travel isn’t locked behind a side quest this time around, you’ll get it fairly early on just progressing the story.
- The stamps that you get for completing various mini-achievements (kill x amount of each enemy type, etc.) are how you unlock extra suits for York. Unfortunately they’re very grindy and I believe it takes around 40 stamps per suit. I only ended up unlocking one in my entire play through.
- In the present day segments you can use the L button to activate concentration mode to see what objects will progress the story, I recommend doing those last as some of the best incidental dialogue in the game occurs in these sections by clicking the optional points of interest.